Friday, 27 December 2013

A little post Christmas relief.

By now there's a very good chance I'm wearing elasticated waisted trousers or even jogging bottoms to ease the discomfort of my over eating. With Christmas done and eaten, it's nice to turn to something a bit different which doesn't feature tinsel or bells so I'm happy to be able to show a journal page with neither of these two things. Ok so there's a spot of glitter glue on there and some gold rubbed in, oh and a bit of red, but apart from those it's not Christmassy at all.

 
In actual fact I have cheated a wee bit as this post was created before Christmas but I'm away in England at the moment and I wanted to put something on my blog in that few days between Christmas and New Year.
 
I used the gorgeous little boat stamp called Sail Away from Susan Weckesser and Unity, stamping it onto tissue to stick it onto the page as I'd created quite a lot of texture underneath.

 
One of my favourite things is to create texture and I simply used a paper doily and texture paste to make this, rubbing Inka gold over it to highlight the pattern.

 
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a very happy New Year. I'm back home on Sunday so will be back in the workshop preparing those New Year posts.
 
Best wishes
 
Jaine xx



1 comment:

Kate said...

I must still be in a Christmas frame of mind. All I see is a boat and 1,2,3 and I'm singing I saw three ships come sailing in ....